You Must Be Bold! For Jesus



'...we were bold in our God...' 1 Thessalonians 2:2 NKJV

If you want to be led by God you must learn to be bold; not rude or insensitive, but bold, because God will sometimes direct you to do things others don't understand or agree with. Any time you step outside the boundaries of what others think is acceptable, you risk rejection. So be it! You can't allow that to keep you from doing what you know God wants you to do.

Confronting criticism becomes a little easier when you remember that, ultimately, '...each of us shall give account of himself to God' (Romans 14:12 NKJV). It hurts to be criticised. But if you're to succeed in life, you must have the attitude Paul had. Ben Campbell Johnson paraphrases Paul's words in 1 Corinthians 4:3-4: 'I am not the least concerned with the fact that you are deciding what is right and what is wrong with me... Neither you nor anyone else can put me down unless I first put myself down (and I'm not doing that)... Though I don't know of anything against me, my ignorance doesn't mean that I am correct in my appraisal, because the final evaluation is in God's hands.'

Secure people can handle being the only ones doing something. They can also allow others the same choice because they know we have been called to love one another, not analyse and categorise one another! To avoid growing old and feeling like somewhere along the way you got lost and never succeeded at being what God called you to be, you must be bold. (Written by Bob & Debby Gass)

One of the signs that you have stopped trusting God is that you cease to function. You simply drop out of life’s activities. You start fretting over this and that; you get distressed over a loss; you get oppressed by the devil. And what do you do? Close up shop, draw the drapes, go to sleep, get up late. Have you ever been that way? Worry will do that to you.

When you worry it is because you are not trusting God. You may say, “I lost my job.” Well, what are you doing? “I’m sitting around the house.” Well, quit it! You have more opportunity to serve God.

Go down to the church and ask them to put you to work. Go to your local mission and volunteer. Mow a neighbor’s yard. Go shopping for an elderly person. Do what you need to do to find a job and when you’re done…do good! Do good because you’re trusting in the Lord.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rambabu – Testimony of Hindu Brahmin from Karnataka

Mahatma Gandhi admired Jesus and His teachings but did not follow "Christianity"

The Story of Sadhu Sundar Singh- his encounter with Jesus